Wednesday, May 29, 2013

Chicken Fajitas

I want to share another yummy dinner with you guys, since it was so good, and so easy to make!

I used pretty much the same rub that I used on this chili-lime pork except we didn't have limes so I just used lemon juice. Here's a refresher:
1 tsp garlic powder
1 tsp cumin
1 tsp chili powder
1 tsp paprika
a couple tbsps lemon juice
Salt & Pepper
a healthy shake of Adobo

I threw everything in a zip top bag with some organic chicken breast and let it marinate for about 1 hour. I have a feeling this rub would be good on anything. I bet it would be delicious on shrimp! 

While the chicken was marinating I cut up some onions and peppers. I used one red bell pepper, one poblano and half of a white onion that was bigger than a soft ball!

yes it looks like the Mexican flag on purpose
The I slapped the chicken in the pan, letting it brown on both sides while keeping the inside juicy. After the chicken was cooked I cooked the onions and peppers right in the same pan. That way they got some yummy spice on them, and Jeffry had less dishes to do ;) 

Then it was just a fajita assembly line!


I made my black beans to go along with it but we almost didn't need them. I should really write down a recipe, they weren't as good this time as last time. 

Fajitas are a great summertime dinner that doesn't use the oven. I always have trouble thinking of things to eat without heating up the whole house!

Linking up with Peas & Crayons!

No comments:

Post a Comment