Tuesday, October 15, 2013

It's Not Time For Dinner Yet, But I'm So Hungry!

Since Jeffry doesn't get out of work until later (usually 10 o'clock), we don't eat dinner until later. It's totally worth it to me to be able to eat together, but it does pose a problem around 7:30/8 o'clock. Because by then I. AM. STARVING!

It's a problem because I know that I am going to be eating a full meal soon, but I still need to eat something. Normally I'm craving something terrible like nachos, but what I really need is something healthy.

Yesterday I made this salad recipe from Real Simple. Kale Salad with Sweet Potatoes and Apples. It was a great choice because I felt really good about getting my greens in, and the sweet potato and apple are high in fiber and nutrients also. It was easy to make too.


Another staple lately has been green smoothies. You may have seen this pic on my Instagram yesterday:


I shared one of my favorite green smoothie recipe a couple weeks ago. Since then I learned a great tip! To avoid leafy chunks, blend your greens and liquids before you add the rest of the ingredients. I've been doing it ever since!

Lately, along with my green smoothie, I have been having a string cheese just for a little more protein. I was given a chance to try Sargento, and I chose the sharp cheddar jack flavor. So yummy! I mean who doesn't love cheese?



Look at all that protein and calcium! Great for me, since I don't ever drink milk. And under 100 calories.


They also gave me this cute insulated carrying case so that I can bring my string cheese snack to work!


No comments:

Post a Comment