Tuesday, September 10, 2013

Tropical Green Smoothie

Green smoothies seems to be all the rage, and the other day I whipped one up with stuff I had on hand, so I thought I would share. Its a little random, but super yummy, and packed with the nutrients you need after a workout. Its a great snack with some steamed veggies to hold me over until Jeffry gets home.


Tropical Green Smoothie
1 c. Frozen Pineapple
1 pkg. Dole dark chocolate covered banana slices
1/4 Avocado, diced
1 c. (or so) Spinach
1 c. Trop50 Orange Juice
1 tsp. Lemon Juice

Pack in all into your blender or  Magic Bullet and whiz away!
I use these because they're pre-measured and only cost $2
I told you I just used what I had laying around.
You could use plain frozen bananas too of course. But this was what I had.


The nutrient count couldn't be better either. The whole thing is about 250 calories, perfect for a snack, and contains loads of Vitamins like A & C, iron, potassium (which helps with muscle cramping!) fiber, protein and good fats from the avocado. You could even use more avocado but I don't like to taste it. And I also don't like the slimy texture it gives if you use too much. Experiment! Use what you have! This would be good with all types for fruit and greens. Berries.... mangoes.... yum!


No comments:

Post a Comment