Wednesday, August 14, 2013

Birthday Nails

I wanted to paint my nails in a fun way for my birthday Sunday, and I have seen cupcake designs all over Pinterest, so I decided to give them a try! Here's how it went down:


The colors above are the colors I used for base coats. On the left is April Showers, a nail polish I picked up for super cheap one day at Aeropostale! I was skeptical but it was so cheap that I couldn't pass it up. And it turns out, I loved it!! The coverage was awesome, as was the color. Who knew! I was pleasantly surprised. I used that darker pink for a few nails, and for the cupcake base (or wrapper.) I used Essie Boom Boom Room for the lighter pink nails, and to do the stripes on the cupcake wrapper and on my ring finger nail. And I used Ivory Skull, my go-to white for the cupcake "frosting". It was a little tricky to get the frosting part to look how I wanted, and it still didn't turn out super perfect but oh well.

after base coats

These colors above are what I used for accents. On the left is It's Chiffon, which I used on my thumb and pinky for a little sparkle. In the center is Heavenly, I used that as "sprinkles" on the cupcake frosting, and Rockstar Pink and the cherry on top. Most of the ones I have seen on Pinterest used a rhinestone but I didn't have any, and this worked great. I just used the brush to make a big dollop on top. Oh, I did use an accent brush to make the stripes and the polka dots, and for the color of the polka dots, I mixed some white with some Boom Boom Room on a piece of aluminum foil.

the finished product! don't mind the mess... 
And since I couldn't possibly have enough nail polishes, check out these ones that I got for my birthday!!


A friend shared this on facebook last night and I really liked it...



1 comment:

  1. That is one of my favorite pink polishes by Essie! Such a cute idea to do cupcake themed nails for your birthday! They turned out beautiful! I have to remember that next time my birthday comes around!!! :)

    Happy Birthday!

    ReplyDelete