Friday, July 19, 2013

Gettin' Serious About Skincare

One thing I have decided to start taking more seriously is my skin care routine. We've only got one face, amiright? So after reading an InStyle's 2013 Best Beauty Buys, I picked up a few things. And I decided to share my new routine with you all.

Mornings are a mad dash for me, and I only stop for coffee, so my AM routine had to be super simple. I do a quick swipe with these (1) Simple Cleansing Wipes, followed up with a (2) Vitamin C Serum and finally my (3) Boscia Oil-Free Moisturizer with SPF. 



The Boscia moisturizer is pricey, at $36 a pop, but it's the best oil free product I've found. My skin is technically combination, but leans more towards the oily side, and because I'm super fair, I love that it has SPF 15 for every day. If I'm going to be outside, I follow up with at least an SPF 50. The Vitamin C serum is full of antioxidants, and helps to counteract all the sun damage that I've accumulated so far. 

At night time, I have a little more time to take care of business. I have used these (1) Almay Oil-Free Makeup Remover Pads since I was a teenager. Make sure to get the oil free ones! Another tried & true pick, the (2) Neutrogena Oil-Free Acne Wash. This stuff has been around forever, and was one of InStyle's picks for oily skin for 5 years in a row! The pink grapefruit scent smells so much better that their original, which always reminds me of old school dial soap. It's missing from the picture, but once or twice a week I exfoliate with Simple Smoothing Facial Scrub


Another InStyle pick is this (3) La Roche Posay Effaclar Toner. This helps remove any leftover oil and tightens pores. A must-have for oily skin like mine. The (4) Olay Regenerist Micro-Sculpting Creme I use just on my neck and chest. It is too heavy for my face, but the neck and chest are a big age giveaway and often overlooked. Finally, I use the (5) Olay Regenerist Micro-sculpting Eye Cream & Lash Serum Duo, the cream on my under-eye and brow bone, and then the serum on my lashes of course.

I do wish I had a night-time moisturizer for my face, but I just haven't found one that is light enough for my oily skin. If anyone has one they love I would love to hear from you! I've thought about trying this one from Boscia, since I love their oil-free lotion for day. 


If I end up getting it I will let you know!

No comments:

Post a Comment