Monday, July 1, 2013

Independence Day Pin-tacular!

I was feeling pretty grumpy the other day, so to lift my spirits, I decided to peruse Pinterest for some fun 4th of July things, since it's my favorite holiday! Yes people, even more than Christmas!

I first started looking because it's about time I decide how I'm going to do my nails! Here are a couple ideas:

Look 1: Fab Fit Fun
Look 2: Hairspray & High Heels
Look 3: Hairspray & High Heels (could be done with red, white and blue!)
Simple 4th of July nails.
This is a really interesting artistic take! here

Last year I did white with red crackle, and then blue and silver on my thumbs. I wish I could find a picture! I think I am liking the first pin a lot, or the last one. Still undecided.

Here is a super cute printable I found that I hung on my wall for some patriotic decor, found here.



And I'm loving this mantle from The Pleated Poppy! She always does the cutest things with her mantle. Someday I hope I have my own to decorate with the seasons :)

IMG_1748

And what would a 4th of July party be without snacks?!

Last year a friend of ours made drunken gummy bears using Pinnacle Gummy vodka. These things are dangerous let me tell you! This year I think I am going to make rice crispy treats with red, white & blue sprinkles.

My best friends family also has a big party on the 4th, that I have been going to for over 10 years now. And there is a fruit salad that I make every year, and if I didn't make it I'm pretty sure they would turn me away at the door! It's super simple to make, there's barely even a recipe, but here's how I make it:

Fruit Surprise

3 red apples, diced into bite size pieces
3 green apples, diced into bite sized pieces
1 cup green grapes, halved if they're large
6 Snickers bars, diced
1 pkg. instant vanilla pudding
1 container Cool Whip
1 cup milk

1. Make the pudding with the 1 c. milk, then stir in the cool whip
2. Into that, dump the fruit and the snickers (they're the surprise!)
3. Eat!

See I told you it was easy!

funday-monday-button-300x288

2 comments:

  1. Omg those gummy bears! I may have to try that!

    Xo, Amanda

    theamandakathryn.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Our Trend Spin Linkup is now live and the trend theme this week is Red, White & Blue, so these insiprations would be perfect. Come linkup here now! I know we usually showcase clothing, but this is too fun not to share!!

    xoxo
    Erin
    The Fashion Canvas

    ReplyDelete